The Benefits of Banana Skin
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 1:10
- Add a comment
Bananas are a fruit rich in Vitamin A, B, C, K and J – as well as other beneficial minerals. Although you’re well aware of how tasty bananas are, you’re probably didn’t know that their skin is just as valuable. These are some of the benefits of its use:
1. Used as a face mask, banana skin will help your skin look healthier – as it supplies the skin with enzymes that hydrate it and clean out its impurities.
2. Banana skin reduces skin irritation and helps get rid of bruises, if you rub it on the affected area for even just a few minutes.
3. Banana skin helps to whiten teeth if you rub the inside of the skin over your teeth before each brush, as it contains salicylic and citric acids.
4. If you are looking to combat wrinkles, apply shredded banana skin with honey to the affected areas – its high iron, potassium and magnesium content will make wrinkles fade over time.
5. To repair damaged hair mix banana skin with olive oil, apply it to your hair and leave it to work its magic for 30 minutes. Upon rinsing you will see that your hair is softer and more hydrated.
Next time that you have a bite of this delicious fruit don’t throw away the skin and make the most of its benefits!.