10 Guatemalan Snacks
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 1:40
- Add a comment
In Guatemala, we call snacks- the appetizers that accompany us while we watch TV, when we meet with friends and more commonly those we share at recese time during school. Snacks are common in every store in the country and there is no one who can resist eating them.
Although the list of snacks is quite varied, here are 10 of the most popular:
- Lollypops in the form of a beer, the “little beer”.
- Tortrix, in its great variety of flavors, although the favorites flavors are lemon, barbecue, spicy, and with chicharrón.
- Chocolates Polo, with their soft biscuit and white chocolate cover.
- Cookies pic-nic, to accompany coffee.
- Tortillitas in all their different flavors.
- Crispín Chocolate, Crispy!
- Tutsi Pop, the cherry suckers with their peculiar red and blue packaging.
- Corvis chewing gum.
- Chiky cookies, with chocolate on the bottom (or top).
- Nachos, any brand and in any presentation.
Written by: Jullisa Carillo